Join our Slack Channel - #Pangenome_Browser.
The hackathon is a great way to get started. We’ll be doing a “pregame” for people who have available time and want to begin making a difference today.
You can get started Setting Up Tools for communication and development.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated and may save many lives.
Basic Development Tasks
Anyone with these skills would be tremendously valuable to this project. Along these lines, the hackathon and the organization is very open to all contributions. There are a lot of tasks involved in managing a software development project.
- Project Management - breaking down tasks, Scrum, requirements, and people coordination
- Semantic Web using SPARQL
- File wrangling - finding the latest sequence data and running the analysis pipeline
- Server setup - public facing server with data traffic
- Grant Writers - connect us with the funding sources we need for the long-term effort to build out Pantograph.
Call to Action
- Join Slack #pangenome_browser and say hi.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and ask questions.
- You’ll be assigned a Pantograph Issue that fits your skills
- Ask in Slack #pangenome_browser if you need clarification.
- Submit a Pull Request once you’ve written the code.
Expectations for Hackathon
The hackathon is a great way to get started with minimal commitment. Team leaders will help focus the development to ensure your success.
Next: Hackathon, Previous: Testing [Index]